Revised Humberstone Speedway Schedule for 2022 to focus on Special Events
After many days of analyzing the current situation with motorsports in Canada I have made a decision to revise the schedule for 2022.
Humberstone Speedway will be revising there weekly racing programs from the 2022 schedule. We will be focusing out efforts on our 8 premier double header shows featuring 16 events.
June 30 to July 3 Canada Day Weekend
July 30 to July 31 All Canadian Championship
August 20 to 21 Pete Cosco Memorial
September 3 to 5 Labour Day Shootout
September 24-25 Canadian Flat Track Nationals
September 30 – October 1 Fall Classic Weekend
October 8-9 Street Stock Nationals
October 15-16 Eve of Destruction
The decision to run a limited schedule is based on many factors for both our competitors and fan base.
1. Fuel – costs $2.15 L Reg , $2.50L Diesel , $6.50L Race Fuel
2. Logistics – Double Header Weekends featuring 8 shows with 16 events. (Reducing Transportation Fuel Costs)
3. Tires – Tire Costs and tire shortages are a real problem as season progresses. Weekly racing with an average show for not enough money equals a problem.
4. Camping – FREE Family orientated Camping at all Events
5. Purse – Increased Purses. Compounding our weekly sponsors to our premier events will increase our purses.
6. Spectators – Discounted Wrist Band for both days and family package available. Fireworks and activities for children on multiple events.
7. Inflation – With the cost of living increasing daily. The reality of fans and competitors watching and competing multiple times in a weekend will become more apparent as the season progresses.
8. Sunday night weekly racing with work Monday morning and school still in on multiple events.
Concentrating on 8 Premier Events will be a similar format Rolling Wheels did in the past and Weedsport Speedway is currently doing.
Details for all events will be available next week
See you at the races,