Modifieds Return to Humberstone in 2021
PORT COLBORNE, ONTARIO (January 2, 2021) The “mighty” Modifieds will be returning to Humberstone Speedway in 2021 running throughout the season. With the Modifieds return to Humberstone, the division will not be sanctioned by DIRTcar Northeast. However, the Modified division at Humberstone Speedway will be following the DIRTcar rules but with several parameters.
These parameters include:
- All Modifieds utilizing DIRT Car legal 358 Modified engine on gas 650 cfm with Brodix spec engine with spec heads & intake, spec exhaust must maintain a minimum weight of 2400 lbs.
- All Modifieds utilizing DIRT Car legal 358 Modified engine on Methanol 750 cfm carb with Brodix Spec engine with spec heads & intake spec exhaust must maintain minimum weight of 2450 lbs.
- All Modifieds utilizing DIRT Car legal 358 Modified W16 engine on Gas 650 cfm carb must maintain a minimum weight of 2325
- All Modifieds utilizing DIRT Car legal 358 Modified W16 engine on methanol 750 cfm carb must maintain a minimum weight of 2375
- All Modifieds utilizing DIRT Car legal Big Block engine must maintain minimum weight of 2500 gas only
- All Modifieds utilizing an open small block engine must maintain a minimum weight of 2500 – gas only – 23 degree heads only – 650 cfm carb
- On board fire suppression systems are recommended but not mandatory
“Track Scales are final. No 2% variance like in years past”, commented track owner/promoter Terry Vince.
The Modifieds will be on the schedule throughout the 2021 season, including taking part in the annual Pete Cosco Memorial and the All-Canadian Championships, an event going back to 1959.
About Humberstone Speedway: Humberstone Speedway is located just two miles East of Port Colborne on Highway 3, just 17 miles west of the US/Canadian Border at the Peace Bridge (Buffalo/Fort Erie). For more information, call (905) 329-8028, visit us on social media on Twitter @HumberstoneRace and like us on Facebook. Don’t forget to bring your portable FM radios and listen to all the action on 89.9FM.
(Contact –– Steven Petty: email@example.com, Terry Vince – Humberstone Speedway: firstname.lastname@example.org)